This is a Meatloaf recipe for people who love their Meatloaf oozing with flavour, moist and tender.
- 6 ounces garlic-flavored croutons
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and broken
- 3 whole cloves garlic
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 18 ounces ground chuck
- 18 ounces ground sirloin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- For glaze :
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine croutons, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and thyme.
- Pulse until the combination is of a fine surface. Spot this blend into an large bowl.
- Combine the onion, carrot, garlic, and red pepper in that bowl.
- Pulse until the blend is finely chopped, but not pureed.
- Combine the vegetable combination, ground sirloin, and ground chuck with the bread scrap blend.
- Season the meat blend with the kosher salt.
- Add the egg and mix altogether, avoid squeezing the meat.
- Pack this blend into a 10-inch loaf pan to form the shape of the meatloaf.
- Onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, turn the meatloaf out of the pan onto the middle of the plate.
- Insert a temperature probe at a 45 degree angle into the top of the meatloaf.
- Avoid touch the bottom of the tray with the probe.
- Set the probe for 155 degrees.
- mix the catsup, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and nectar.
- Brush the glaze onto the meatloaf after it been cooked for around 10 minutes.