Quicky Spicy Chili
Quicky chili in no time.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 to 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, coarsely chopped, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- One 12-ounce bottle beer, such as lager
- One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- One 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Diced avocado, shredded cheese, cilantro leaves, sliced scallions and sour cream, for serving, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large substantial skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, stew powder, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt and a couple of grinds of pepper.
- Cook, mixing occasionally, until the onion is soft, for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in the tomato paste, the chipotle chiles and sauce, and cook for a minute.
- Add the beef and cook, separating it with a wooden spoon, until no pink, around 3 minutes.
- Add the beer and simmer until decreased by about half, around 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and beans and heat to boiling.
- Cook, revealed, mixing occasionally, until thick, around 10 minutes.
- Adjust the flavoring with salt and pepper and serve with wanted assorted toppings.